Study Arabic in Germany: If you want to study Arabic close to your home country, yet still within an authentic Arabic atmosphere, then studying Arabic in Germany with the Excellence Center is the perfect fit for you. At the Excellence Center in Germany, you can have the best of both worlds. Depending on your individual’s interests, you can choose to study Standard (Classical) Arabic or the Palestinian Dialect at our Center.
Study Arabic in Germany – Group Program gives you the opportunity to study Arabic while fully engaging in Arabic culture. In addition, students will meet Arab refugees and become enlightened about their living situation in Germany. The program gives you the choice of learning Modern Standard Arabic, the Palestinian dialect, or a combination of the two. Students can select what they prefer to learn. The Center will provide students with the appropriate learning materials and resources for their desired program.
Who Can Apply to This Program?
This program is for anyone who wants to learn Arabic, whatever their motivation or language level is. Our staff will be there to help make your language learning experience as enjoyable as possible. Participating in our Group Program means that students learn Arabic with others. Typically, four or five students are in one class. Learning in a group setting is very interactive in nature, so students will have many opportunities to share ideas and practice their language skills with their fellow classmates.
What Makes This Program the Right Choice for You?
- At the Excellence Center in Germany, you will be able to experience Arabic culture and hospitality all while studying Arabic.
- The program will give you the opportunity to be in Germany, the European country that has hosted the highest number of Arab refugees in recent years. Most of these refugees have come from Syria and during your time at the Excellence Center you will be able to get to know their culture, as well as listen to their stories.
- The program provides you with a chance to visit local sites in Germany and get to know the history of these sites.
- The program offers you the choice of learning Standard Arabic (Fusha), the Palestinian Arabic dialect, or a combination of the two.
- Our teachers are well-qualified. They each have an excellent educational background and will be more than happy to help you. Teachers use interactive teaching methods to teach our Arabic students.
- Here, you will be able to experience Arab culture through meeting Arab refugees, visiting local sites, and participating in various educational, social, and communal activities organised by the Excellence Center.
- Students will receive a participation certificate at the completion of their program.
What Are Levels of Arabic Available?
– Starter Course: This course is designed for those who do not have any background knowledge of Arabic. The course begins with learning the Arabic alphabet and from there, students will gain skills in reading, writing, and basic conversation.
– Beginner Course: Students who have basic knowledge of Arabic will benefit from the Beginner Course. This course allows students the opportunity to continue to improve their writing, reading, listening, and speaking skills.
– Intermediate Course: Those who have a solid foundation in Arabic will be able to reach a higher level of communication and improve their conversational skills with our Intermediate Course. This course concentrations on conversing with native Arabic speakers. Alongside enhancing their conversational skills, students will also develop their reading, writing, and listening skills during the Intermediate Course.
– Advanced Course: Those who have an exceptionally strong grasp of Arabic will find the Advanced Course to be most beneficial for them. This course concentrates on rectifying all your mistakes in order to reach fluency in Arabic at the end of the course.
When Do the Courses Take Place?
The regular courses are held at the beginning of each month as shown below.
Study Arabic in Germany
Place of Course _________________________ Halle (Saale), Germany Cost Includes Breakfast, accommodations, and Arabic classes, as well as local visits to different landmarks and sites. Some of these visits include trips to the Arab neighborhood, refugee dorms, public parks, and historical sites in the city. Arabic Course Duration 1-3 Months Arabic Hours Per Week 20 Hours Average Students Per Class 4-5 Students Days of the Week Mondays to Fridays Levels 6 Levels (Starters to Advanced) Monthly Costs 1300 Euro
The Placement Test
If you have previous knowledge of Arabic, then you will need to take our Placement Test in order to evaluate your level of Arabic. Participants with zero knowledge of Arabic will automatically be placed in our Starter Arabic Course. Our courses concentrate mainly on the four language skills of speaking, reading, writing, and listening.
How to Get the Application Form
If you are interested in participating in this program, please send us an email at email@example.com with “Study Arabic in Germany – Group Program” as the subject line. We will then send you an application form to fill out.
Which Airport Should I Fly Into?
The easiest way to get to the Excellence Center in Germany is to fly to Leipzig/Halle Airport. It takes about 25 minutes to get from the airport to the Excellence Center via train.
If you are coming from one of the Berlin airports, then you have two ways to get the Excellence Center. First is to come by bus. You can take a bus operated by companies such as FlixBus or Eurolines. The bus ride takes about two hours. The second choice is to come by train from the Berlin-Central Station. The train ride takes around an hour and a half.
Do I Need a Visa?
If you are coming from a European country that has signed the Schengen agreement, then you do not need a visa to enter Germany. For those who come from countries that are a part of this program, you are permitted to stay in Germany for up to three months.
All other travelers will need to apply for a Schengen visa to enter Germany. This visa will allow you to enter and stay in Germany for a maximum period of 3 months (90 days). It is important to note that this visa prohibits visa-holders from getting a job (even as a freelance) during their stay.
Application Deadline for the Arabic Intensive Program
If you are interested in participating in this program, please send us an email at Info@eceurope.org with “Study Arabic in Germany – Group Program” as the subject line. We will then send you an application form to fill out.