Volunteer to Write About Germany: The Excellence Center in Europe seeks participants who are good at writing articles concerning the activities the center organizes. The center organizes daily activities and events for the international community, as well as for the students. These activities include educational, social or community activities.
What is our goal behind this program?
We all know very well the power of the word, and we strongly believe that through writing articles we can show people both in Europe and outside Europe the activities that the center organizes, especially the ones that target refugee or displaced people in Germany.
These articles will be a good tool to engage more internationals and locals in our activities as well as to increase the awareness of the refugee crisis and their living situation. In addition, writing is no doubt an important way to ensure that the events are unforgettable.
What is the philosophy of writing at the Excellence center?
When it comes to the writing process at the Excellence center, you need to use language that can allow you to connect and relate to the center’s audience, who are reading to know more details or to get a comprehensive idea about what the center offers. We believe that with this simple concept you will able to write well-targeted articles.
Your writing must be customized to the target audience, content-specific and relate directly to the readers’ mind. The Excellence Center believe that writing is a voice written on a piece of paper which can inform internationals and those who are interested about life in Germany about the center’s educational and social activities, about a refugee’s life in Germany and their daily stories and which can convey all relevant events that the center organizes. Therefore, your role with your articles is to make the readers enthusiastic and engaged to the work of the center.
What does this program entail?
This program includes the following:
- The participant has to collect information from the center’s staff, our students, international volunteers or interns and all who are relevant to the activity or the event.
- The participant has to submit two articles daily. Articles will be reviewed by the center’s staff and might be revised in order to meet the writing standards on the website.
- The written articles must not be more than 1000 words and not less than 500 words.
Am I eligible for this program?
Writers must be:
- Experienced in writing and who are motivated to write about Germany and the center’s activities.
- Participants must be fluent in English in the four language skills. Additional languages are an extra advantage.
- To apply for this program, you must be between 22 – 70 years old. All nationalities are welcome to join the program.
- You can participate in this program from one week up to three months.
What does this program offer you?
- Volunteering at our center by writing about Germany and the center’s activity, as well as being part of several types of educational activities organized by the center.
- Experience the hospitality of Arabs and the Arabic culture by being part of the Excellence center’s educational, social and community activities.
- The program will give you the opportunity to be in the only European country that hosted the high number of Arab refugees who came mostly from Syria and get to know about their culture as well as their stories on how they fled during the war and reached Europe.
- The program provides you with a chance to visit local sites in Halle city and get to know the rich history of the city.
- Accommodation, including either staying with a local host family or at a dorm.
- Get 3 hours of Spoken German or Arabic (Volunteer’s Choice) lessons per week.
- Have the chance to attend cultural evenings and several entertainment and activities.
- By the end of the program, you will get a participation certificate and a recommendation letter.
Volunteer to Write about Germany
Place of Volunteering _________________________ Halle (Saale) Cost Includes Breakfast, the accommodation, Arabic classes, as well as some visits to different landmarks and sites. Some examples include the Arab neighborhood, refugee dorms and public parks as well as historical sites in the city. When? Year-Round (Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring) Educational Degree All Majors Are Welcome to Apply Experience Not Required Accommodation Host Family or a Dorm Starting and Ending Dates Flexible (Volunteer's Choice) Program's Cost 300 Euro a Month Age 22-75 Years Volunteering duration 1-2 Months Volunteers Number 3-5
Is there a deadline to apply for the program?
This program is open all year round, simply you apply any time you want. You are allowed to choose your starting and ending dates.
Where does the program take place?
The program takes place at the Excellence Center in Halle (Saale) city; a city in the southern region of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt. Halle is an economic and educational center in eastern Germany. The University of Halle-Wittenberg, for example, is the largest university in Saxony-Anhalt and one of the oldest universities in Germany.
Halle city has an elegant city-center, with many green areas and many narrow streets where the architecture has been preserved. There are many beautiful places along the Saale River which winds through the city.
Which airport Should I fly to?
The easiest way to get to the Excellence Center in Germany is to fly to Leipzig/Halle Airport. It takes about 25 minutes to get from the airport to the Excellence Center via train.
If you are coming from one of the Berlin airports, then you have two ways to get the Excellence Center. First is to come by bus. You can take a bus operated by companies such as FlixBus or Eurolines. The bus ride takes about two hours. The second choice is to come by train from the Berlin-Central Station. The train ride takes around an hour and a half.
Do I need a visa?
If you are coming from a European country that has signed the Schengen agreement, then you do not need a visa to enter Germany. For those who come from countries that are a part of this program, you are permitted to stay in Germany for up to three months.
All other travelers will need to apply for a Schengen visa to enter Germany. This visa will allow you to enter and stay in Germany for a maximum period of 3 months (90 days). It is important to note that this visa prohibits visa-holders from getting a job (even as a freelance) during their stay.
How to apply for the program?
If you want to join this program, please send us an email to at Info@eceurope.org, with ‘Volunteer to write about Germany’ as the subject line. We will then send you the application form.
Find Us Online
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Excellence Center’s Instagram account:
Excellence Center’s Facebook page:
Watch us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQSLdFZWZcBm6Uj0XMYuKg
Thank you very much. We would be happy to have you in Germany!