Volunteer and Learn Arabic in Germany is one program offered at the Excellence Center that gives you the chance to volunteer with refugees and Germans in the city of Halle (Saale), Germany. At the same time, you will be able to study Arabic, practice the language, and learn about Arabic culture. The volunteer program is designed to allow you to engage with Arab refugees in Germany, especially those from Syria. By interacting with Arab refugees, you will have the chance to practice language and learn about the refugee situation in Germany.
Volunteer and Learn Arabic in Germany program gives you an optimal chance to volunteer with refugees and fully engage yourself in the Arabic culture by participating in our educational, social, and interactive activities. The program will also offer you the chance of learning Modern Standard Arabic, the Palestinian (Syrian or Shami) dialect, or a combination of the two during your time here. All curriculums and necessary learning materials will be provided for you.
What else does this program offer?
The Excellence Center in Europe will arrange visits in the city of Halle to various historical landmarks and sites. At these sites, you will be able to discover the rich history of the city.
Where does the program take place?
The program takes place at the Excellence Center in Halle (Saale) city. Halle is a city in the southern region of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt. Halle is an economic and educational center in eastern Germany. The University of Halle-Wittenberg, for example, is the largest university in Saxony-Anhalt and one of the oldest universities in Germany.
Halle (Saale) has an elegant city center with many green areas and narrow streets to explore. The architecture has been well-preserved, making Halle a lovely place to visit in Germany. In addition, there are many beautiful places to see along the Saale River, which is a river which runs through the city.
Why Halle (Saale)?
Halle is a German city that has received a large number of refugees. This makes the city a very diverse place to visit because of how many different cultures are present in the city. Internationals also add to the diversity. The university in Halle is an educational destination that attracts many international students to Halle.
Refugees, immigrants, and foreigners all contribute to the beauty of cultures found in the city. During your time here, you will be able to meet and interact with many different people from different countries.
Who is eligible for the program?
Volunteer and Learn Arabic in Germany is open to all who are between 18 – 70 years old. All people from all countries and majors are welcome to join this program. This program doesn’t require any specific degree. If this program interests you in any way, then you are encouraged to apply.
What does the program include?
Volunteer and Learn Arabic in Germany includes the following:
- Organizing weekly workshops for Germans, refugees, and international students on educational-related subjects, such as writing resume, writing formal emails, employment skills, educational writing skills, and so on.
- Teaching conversational English to our students at the Center.
- Organizing interactive activities, such as painting workshops, writing workshops, handicrafts, film, and photography workshops.
- Organizing activities aimed at entertaining the students at the Center.
- Helping the Center’s staff in doing administration-related activities, such as writing articles, reports, and printing materials for the students.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Gain volunteer teaching experience as well as experience organizing educational activities aimed at enhancing our students’ English skills in the city of Halle (Saale).
- Experience the hospitality of Arabs and the Arabic culture by being a part of the Excellence Center’s educational, social, and community activities.
- The program will give you the opportunity to be in Germany, the European country that has hosted the highest number of Arab refugees in recent years. Most of these refugees have come from Syria and during your time at the Excellence Center, you will be able to get to know their culture, as well as listen to their stories.
- The program provides you with a chance to visit local sites in Halle city and get to know the rich history of the city.
- At the completion of the program, you will receive a participation certificate and a recommendation letter.
- Accommodation, including either staying with a local host family or at a dorm.
- Receive 3 hours of Palestinian spoken Arabic lessons per week.
- Have the chance to attend cultural evenings and several entertainment activities organized by the Center.
This program is very flexible. How so?
Volunteer and Learn Arabic in Germany has no deadline which means you can apply to the program year-around. In addition, you are allowed to choose the start and end dates of the program. The minimum period of participation is three days and the maximum period of participation is three months.
Volunteer and Learn Arabic in Germany
Place of Volunteering _________________________ Halle (Saale)
Cost Includes Breakfast, the accommodation, Arabic classes, as well as some visits to different landmarks and sites. Some examples include the Arab neighborhood, refugee dorms and public parks as well as historical sites in the city.
When? Year-Round (Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring)
Educational Degree Not Required
Experience Not Required
Accommodation Host Family or a Dorm
Starting and Ending Dates Flexible (Volunteer's Choice)
Program's Cost 250 Euro a Week
750 Euro a Month
Volunteering duration 3 Days-12 Weeks
Volunteers Number 3-5
Which airport should I fly into?
The easiest way to get to the Excellence Center in Germany is to fly to Leipzig/Halle Airport. It takes about 25 minutes to get from the airport to the Excellence Center via train.
If you are coming from one of the Berlin airports, then you have two ways to get the Excellence Center. First is to come by bus. You can take a bus operated by companies such as FlixBus or Eurolines. The bus ride takes about two hours. The second choice is to come by train from the Berlin-Central Station. The train ride takes around an hour and a half.
Traveling to Germany on your own?
No worries, you’ve come to the right place!
You will easily meet many refugees, immigrants, German and other internationals as well as community members with a variety of interests.
Moreover, the Excellence Center in Europe hosts many international visitors from all over the world who will be studying, volunteering, visiting or interning at center. Of course you will engage with them in some educational and community activities that the Center organizes.
Everyone at the Excellence Center in Europe in Halle (Saale) – students, international visitors, and staff – are like one family and there are always activities to do together. Halle is a good place for international visitors to stay at and offers a great social atmosphere.
What is the visa process?
If you are coming from a European country that has signed the Schengen agreement, then you do not need a visa to enter Germany. For those who come from countries that are a part of this program, you are permitted to stay in Germany for up to three months.
All other travelers will need to apply for a Schengen visa to enter Germany. This visa will allow you to enter and stay in Germany for a maximum period of 3 months (90 days). It is important to note that this visa prohibits visa-holders from getting a job (even as a freelance) during their stay.
How to apply for the program?
If you want to join this program, please send an email to: Info@eceurope.org, Volunteer and learn Arabic in Germany as the subject line. We will then send you the application form.
Find Us Online
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Excellence Center’s Instagram account:
Excellence Center’s Facebook page:
Watch us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQSLdFZWZcBm6Uj0XMYuKg
Thank you very much. We would be happy to have you in Germany!