Volunteer and learn German program is a chance for those who want to visit Germany to learn the language, volunteer and fully engage themselves in the German culture by participating in our educational, social and interactive activities in the city of Halle (Saale). The Volunteer Program will help you learn the German language with our qualified teachers, where all of the resources and learning materials will be provided.
In the Excellence Center in Europe, we use the best teaching methods aimed at teaching students within a short period of time, through educational activities that are systematic and interactive. We use one of the most modern and effective methods, which relies on the practice and practical application of what the students learn in the class to achieve the best results.
The importance of the German language
German is the language spoken by the largest number of people in Europe.
- Germany has 83 million people, making it the largest European country in terms of population.
- Germans are not the only ones who speak German. There are other countries whose official language is German: Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein.
- German is also the mother tongue of a large population in other states, including northern Italy, on the eastern side of Belgium, in parts of the Netherlands and Denmark, as well as in eastern France, in parts of Poland, and in parts of the Czech Republic, Russia, Romania and other areas of Europe.
- Learning German will make you able to connect with 120 million people around the world; remember that there are also a large number of people who learn German as a foreign language!
- German is also the third most-studied foreign language in the world.
What does this program offer besides learning German?
- Volunteering at our center by teaching our students, as well as organizing and being part of several types of educational activities that are aimed at enhancing local students’ English skills.
- The program will give you the opportunity to be in the only European country that hosted the high number of Arab refugees who came mostly from Syria and get to know about their culture as well as their stories on how they fled during the war and reached Europe.
- The program provides you with a chance to visit local sites in Halle city and get to know the rich history of the city.
- By the end of the program, you will get a participation certificate and a recommendation letter.
- Accommodation, including either staying with a local host family or at a dorm.
- Get 3 hours of spoken German lessons per week.
- Have the chance to attend cultural evenings and several entertainment activities.
The program takes place at the Excellence Center in Halle (Saale) city, in the southern region of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt. Halle is an economic and educational center in eastern Germany. The University of Halle-Wittenberg, for example, is the largest university in Saxony-Anhalt and one of the oldest universities in Germany.
Halle city has an elegant city-center, with many green areas and many narrow streets where the architecture has been preserved. There are also many beautiful places along the Saale River which winds through the city.
Eligibility of the program
Volunteer and learn German program is open to all who are between 18 – 75 years old. Everyone from all countries and walks of life is welcome to join this program. This program doesn’t require any specific degree; all that you have to do is to be there and to enjoy this experience.
Volunteer and learn German program has no deadline which means that you can apply to the program year-round. In addition, you can choose your starting and ending date. The minimum period of participation is three days, up to three months maximum duration.
Volunteer in Germany
Place of Volunteering _________________________ Halle (Saale) Cost Includes Breakfast, the accommodation, Arabic classes, as well as some visits to different landmarks and sites. Some examples include the Arab neighborhood, refugee dorms and public parks as well as historical sites in the city. When? Year-Round (Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring) Educational Degree Not Required Experience Not Required Accommodation Host Family or a Dorm Starting and Ending Dates Flexible (Volunteer's Choice) Program's Cost 250 Euro a Week
750 Euro a Month
Age 18-75 Volunteering duration 3 Days-12 Weeks Volunteers Number 3-5
Traveling to Germany on your own?
No worries, you’ve come to the right place!
You will easily meet many refugees, immigrants, German and other internationals as well as community members with a variety of interests.
Moreover, the Excellence Center in Europe hosts many international visitors from all over the world who will be studying, volunteering, visiting or interning at center. Of course, you will engage with them in some educational and community activities that the Center organizes.
Everyone at the Excellence Center in Europe in Halle (Saale) – students, international visitors, and staff – are like one family and there are always activities to do together. Hebron is a good place for international visitors to stay at and offers a great social atmosphere.
Fly to Germany
The easiest way to get to the Excellence Center in Germany is to fly to Leipzig/Halle Airport. It takes about 25 minutes to get from the airport to the Excellence Center via train.
If you are coming from one of the Berlin airports, then you have two ways to get the Excellence Center. First is to come by bus. You can take a bus operated by companies such as FlixBus or Eurolines. The bus ride takes about two hours. The second choice is to come by train from the Berlin-Central Station. The train ride takes around an hour and a half.
Visa to Germany
If you are coming from a European country that has signed the Schengen agreement, then you do not need a visa to enter Germany. For those who come from countries that are a part of this program, you are permitted to stay in Germany for up to three months.
All other travelers will need to apply for a Schengen visa to enter Germany. This visa will allow you to enter and stay in Germany for a maximum period of 3 months (90 days). It is important to note that this visa prohibits visa-holders from getting a job (even as a freelance) during their stay.
How to get the program’s application?
If you want to join this program, please send us an email to at: Info@eceurope.org, with ‘Volunteer and learn German program’ as the subject line. We will then send you the application form.
Find Us Online
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Excellence Center’s Instagram account:
Excellence Center’s Facebook page:
Watch us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQSLdFZWZcBm6Uj0XMYuKg
Thank you very much. We would be happy to have you in Germany!