Teach English & Study Arabic in Germany (2-3 Months): Are you interested in teaching English in Germany? Do you want to study Arabic with native speaking teachers? Are you interested in meeting the refugees who fled to Germany? Do you want to immerse in Arabic culture and practice what you learn?
If the answer is yes, then this program is a perfect fit. The Teach English and Study Arabic in Germany (TESA) Program will give you the opportunity to simultaneously teach English and study Arabic, all while visiting the country of Germany. In this program, you will teach Germans, refugees and all those who are willing and interested in learning English. All required materials will be provided by the center, including as well as a manual guide which will assist you as you teach, and a number of educational activities to apply within the class.
The Teach English and Study Arabic in Germany (TESA) program is not only an educational program but also includes a social element. You have the opportunity to be fully engaged in Arabic culture by participating in our educational, social and interactive activities. Cultural evenings are organized by the center, which aims at gathering the participants in the program with locals and refugees in Germany.
In regard to studying Arabic, the program will offer the chance to learn either Modern Standard Arabic, the Palestinian or Syrien dialect, or a combination of both. All curriculum and learning materials will be provided. During you time here you will get three hours of Arabic (conversational hours) a week by one of our teachers.
Will I be the only one in Halle (Saale)?
Of course not! The program hosts people from all over the world. Here, you will also get to know other interns who also share the same interest in teaching English.
Do I need experience in teaching English?
No, having previous experience in teaching English is not necessary. You will be provided by books, a teaching guide and all related teaching materials as well as support whenever you need during your time in the program.
One more thing to add, the Teach English and Study Arabic (TESA) program is for those who don’t have experience in teaching English as EFL (English as a Foreign Language) and by joining this program they gain valuable experience based on practice. In other words, this program is designed to train you well.
What do I need to do?
The program requires the following:
- Teach two or three English classes (only conversation).
- Arrange and organize English based activities which help our students practice the language.
- Help the centers staff in administration-related activities such as writing articles, reports and printing materials for the students and others.
- Help local teachers with their classes, mainly to let the students practice what they learned in the class.
- Organizing interactive activities such as painting workshops, writing workshops, handicrafts, filming, and photography.
What do I get?
- Intern at our center by teaching our students, as well as organizing and taking part in several types of educational activities that aim at enhancing student’s English skills.
- Experience the hospitality of Arabs and Arabic culture by being a part of the Excellence Center’s educational, social and community activities.
- The program will give you the opportunity to be in the only European country that hosted the high number of Arab refugees, mostly from Syria, and get to know about their culture as well as their stories on how they fled during the war and reached Europe.
- The program provides you with a chance to visit local sites in Halle (Saale) city and get to know the rich history of the area.
- By the end of the program, you will get a participation certificate and a recommendation letter.
- Accommodation, either with a local host family or at a dorm.
- Get 3 hours of Palestinian or Syrien spoken Arabic lessons per week.
- Have the chance to attend cultural evenings and several entertainment activities.
Teach English in Germany
Place of Internship _________________________ Halle (Saale)
Cost Includes Breakfast, the accommodation, Arabic classes, as well as some visits to different landmarks and sites. Some examples include the Arab neighborhood, refugee dorms and public parks as well as historical sites in the city.
When? Year-Round (Winter, Summer, Autumn, Spring)
Educational Degree All Majors Are Welcome to Apply
Experience Not Required
Accommodation Host Family or a Dorm
Starting and Ending Dates Flexible (Volunteer's Choice)
Program's Cost 560 Euro a Month
Internship Duration 2-3 Months
Interns Number 3-5
Where does the program take place?
The program takes place at the Excellence Center in Halle (Saale), a city in the southern region of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt. Halle is an economic and educational center in eastern Germany. The University of Halle-Wittenberg, for example, is the largest university in Saxony-Anhalt and one of the oldest universities in Germany.
Halle has an elegant center in the city, many green areas and narrow streets where architecture has been preserved. There are many beautiful places along the Saale River which runs through the city as well.
Why Halle (Saale)?
Halle (Saale) is a German city that received large number of refugees. This makes the city more diverse and home to a wide array of cultures. The university in Halle is one of the educational destinations for foreign students to study in various educational fields. People arriving from a variety of countries has impacted the atmosphere of the city and made it more attractive to foreigners.
During your time here, you will be able to meet and interact with different people from different countries around the world, posing a unique experience for you.
Which Airport Should I fly to?
The easiest way to get to the Excellence Center in Germany is to fly to Leipzig/Halle Airport. It takes about 25 minutes to get from the airport to the Excellence Center via train.
If you are coming from one of the Berlin airports, then you have two ways to get the Excellence Center. First is to come by bus. You can take a bus operated by companies such as FlixBus or Eurolines. The bus ride takes about two hours. The second choice is to come by train from the Berlin-Central Station. The train ride takes around an hour and a half.
What is the application process like?
The process of applying and selecting the participants includes the following:
- The participant fills the application and send it back to us.
- We review the application with our team.
- We invite you for a Skype call and ask you some questions.
- If you are selected for the program, we send you an acceptance letter and a contract.
- You sign the contract and send it back to us.
- You pay the fees.
- You are ready to come to Germany and join the program.
Am I eligible for the program?
The Teach English and Study Arabic (TESA) is open to all between the ages of 20– 70 years old. All people are welcome to join this program, regardless of your country or major. This program does not require any specific degree, all you need is to be there and enjoy the experience.
How long can I participate in this program?
This program is open year around. You can apply anytime and secure your spot. The minimum period of participation is two months to three months.
How to apply for the program?
If you want to join this program, please send an email to Info@eceurope.org, Teach English and Study Arabic (TESA) as the subject line. We will then send you the application form.
Find Us Online
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: Info@eceurope.org.
Excellence Center’s Instagram account:
Excellence Center’s Facebook page:
Watch us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQSLdFZWZcBm6Uj0XMYuKg
Thank you very much. We would be happy to have you in Germany!