Stay With a Host Family in Germany: One thing that travelers are eager to do is learn about other cultures. For some, their love for discovering culture is what fuels their travels. What better way for travelers to experience a new culture than live with a host family? When travelers live with a host family in Halle they will discover the culture, traditions, and common customs of those that reside in the city. Staying with a host family provides an immersion opportunity that cannot compare to anything else.
The Excellence Center in Europe offers you the opportunity to live with either a German or a refugee host family who live in the city of Halle. If travelers want to live with both a German or a refugee family during their time in Halle, then they are welcome to live with both at separate periods of time during their stay. The Excellence Center has a wide network of locals and refugee families in the city of Halle, in which we can easily arrange your stay.
What are the advantage of living with a host family in Halle?
The benefits of living with a host family in Halle are as follows:
- You will be in direct contact with both German and Arabic culture.
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the refugee situation and learn how refugees are adapting to life in Germany.
- You will experience the social behaviors and daily habits of the local people.
- You will have the opportunity to attend events and celebrations, such as weddings, that offer you a glimpse into the traditions and customs of a culture. In addition, attending these events will allow you to share in special moments with your host family.
- You will be able to improve your Arabic/German language skills during your stay because of the amount of time you will spend with native Arabic/German speakers in your host family.
- As with any family, your host family will support you during your time in Germany by giving you advice, recommendations, and any help that you may need.
How long can I stay with the host family?
It is flexible! You can stay for one day up to two months. The decision is yours
|One day||30 Euros||————————————————————|
|Two days||60 Euros||————————————————————|
|Three days||90 Euros|
|One week||180 Euros|
|10 days up to Two weeks||350Euros|
|Three weeks||400 Euro|
|One month||500 Euros|
|Two months||900 Euros|
What else does this program include?
The Stay with a Host Family Program also provides you with the opportunities to:
- Visit local historical sites in Halle and get to know the rich history of the city.
- Receive three hours of German or Arabic lessons during your stay.
- Participate in the Excellence Center’s activities and cultural/musical evenings.
- Meet locals and refugees and build friendships with the residents of Halle.
- Learn about the refugee situation and see how refugees are adapting to life in Germany.
Fly to Germany
The easiest way to get to the Excellence Center in Germany is to fly to Leipzig/Halle Airport. It takes about 25 minutes to get from the airport to the Excellence Center via train.
If you are coming from one of the Berlin airports, then you have two ways to get the Excellence Center. First is to come by bus. You can take a bus operated by companies such as FlixBus or Eurolines. The bus ride takes about two hours. The second choice is to come by train from the Berlin-Central Station. The train ride takes around an hour and a half.
Visa to Germany
If you are coming from a European country that has signed the Schengen agreement, then you do not need a visa to enter Germany. For those who come from countries that are a part of this program, you are permitted to stay in Germany for up to three months.
All other travelers will need to apply for a Schengen visa to enter Germany. This visa will allow you to enter and stay in Germany for a maximum period of 3 months (90 days). It is important to note that this visa prohibits visa-holders from getting a job (even as a freelance) during their stay.
How to obtain the program’s application?
If you want to join this program, then please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Stay with a Host Family as the subject line. We will then send you the application form.
Find Us Online
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
Watch us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsQSLdFZWZcBm6Uj0XMYuKg
Thank you very much. We would be happy to have you in Germany!